cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOFO Best Practices

Peter_Sheridan
Level 6

Hello,

I currently use different versions of Backup Exec SBS ranging from version 11d to 12.5 among about 15 clients that the company I work for Manage. All clients either have a Windows SBS 2003 or SBS 2008 server pretty much doing everything for the business, (exchange, Active directory, SharePoint, File Server etc).

What would be the best practices for using AOFO when backing up an entire system. I know that AOFO should not be used on exchange because it only takes a snapshot preventing the restore of an individual mailbox/email to be restored. But what about things like System State Data, and Shadow Copy Components? Should AOFO be turned on to back up these services?

I have been searching the web for the past couple of days trying to get a definitive answer so it can now become a standard for all of our clients. Any help from you guys out there on how you set your backup system up would be greatly appreciated as well.

BTW if it helps a IBM LTO tape system is being used as the media.

Thanks in Advance.
Peter
20 REPLIES 20

Peter_Sheridan
Level 6

Since I sorta went off the original topic of AOFO and went onto Exchange Individual email restoration I will award the solution to sazz as it was in relation to the first question. Unfortunatley I can only mark one comment as the solution but thanks for everyone else who helped.