cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup-To-Disk-Folders offline

Jimmie_S
Level 3
Hello.

I am having problems with BackupExec Backup-To-Disk-Folders.
The problem i am having is that it is going offline after a while. Anyone?
11 REPLIES 11

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
What kind of B2D is this, is it on NAS or USB or local hard disk. Have you tried creating a new B2D folder on the same hard disk or on to remote location to isolate the issue.

Dev_T
Level 6
Go to the Devices tab and right click on the server name and click on paused...wait for few seconds and unpause it.

Hope this helps...

Jimmie_S
Level 3

Sorry.. forgot to say that...

It is on a Netgear ReadyNas NV+

The problem is that i am only at the company once in a while.

Yes we have tried creating a new B2D, but only on the same location. It goes offline after 2-3 weeks.

Might have something to do with the size of the backup job?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Have you tested your device with the B2DTest utility?

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/321584.htm

Jimmie_S
Level 3
That i havent done... running it right now though

sarah_smith
Level 2
Certified

Hi,

you can check if you have set a threshold for the B2D, Normally the B2d shows offline if we don't have enough space on the specified location where B2d is created.

Hope this piece of information helps.

tech29
Level 6
You may also try creating another b2d may be on a different location and check if this folder also goes offline.

Regards,
tech29

Jimmie_S
Level 3
Hello.

I checked the drives and all was ok. B2D Test Utility didnt show any errors.

The disk I store all files in is not full, but i have another problem there right now.

It makes files and allocates 20gb on the drive, but only 2kb of data in every file, therefor it says there is 12,2TB of data on 3TB diskspace, but on volume properties there are 1,5TB of diskspace free

Any ideas?

Jimmie_S
Level 3

One more thing about my problems.

This happens 4 different locations, all running different versions of backup exec, but the B2D goes offline on all locations. And all of them has a Netgear ReadyNAS NV+

Jimmie_S
Level 3

Tried making a script that restarting the services an hour before the backup is scheduled to start

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Have you tried defining the B2D folders on the NAS using UNC and IP address, i.e. in the form, \\<ip address of NAS>\<share name>?