cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access is denied

Sean_Murphy_2
Level 2
I'm new to v10.0 and having the following problem:

When trying to push out the desktop and laptop option to a laptop running XP Pro, I select the computer from the list discovered and get the access is denied error. I verified that the laptop is indeed logged into the domain (by checking the computer name has the domain suffix). I even set the administrator password on the laptop the same as the same administrator password on the server and still get the error. Any help would be much appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please refer the following technote and verify the results.
Title:
How to install the Backup Exec Desktop and Laptop Option desktop agent
http://support.veritas.com/docs/264952

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Sean_Murphy_2
Level 2
I have completed all the steps indicated on this link. The agent is correctly installed on the laptop (XP Pro). The problem is when the agent launches on the laptop. I get an error message "Failed to load configuration settings, access denied".

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

- Open the DLO console on media server
- There is a profile in which the users are supposed to be present.
- Are the users being automatically assigned?
- Check the users folder and verify if the user with Admin rights is present.
- If not, create that user on the console.

And verify the results.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Sean_Murphy_2
Level 2
When I opened the DLO console, it warned me that the permissions were not correct. I managed the computer, went to services, found the service for the DLO and assigned it the administrator on the domain. Now when I open the DLO console it tells me that this verision is not compatible with workgroups, only domains. I am running in a domain. When I tried to push the install to a laptop, I get an access denied error. Obviously this is a permissions problem, but I can't figure out why. What would cause DLO to think I'm not in a domain?