cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advance Open File Error

Avijit_Dutta
Level 4
Dear All,
When we try to take backup for the servers, we get below mention error. Please help me to resolve this issue....

ERROR:-

Backup- CHG-BHT-DC-ADS2AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\CHG-BHT-DC-ADS2\F:". Advanced Open File Option used: VERITAS Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).
AOFO: Unable to get minimum quiet time for physical volumes. Reduce the activity on these volumes, or wait and run the backup when there is less activity on the volumes.

Regards,
Avijit
2 REPLIES 2

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Please refer to the below mentioned technote:

A backup job in Backup Exec 9.x or 10.x fails with the error: "Unable to get minimum quiet time window for physical volume" and "The semaphore timeout period has expired" when Advanced Open File Option is used.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/258341

Hope this helps you.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Avijit_Dutta
Level 4
Hi Ajit,
This is my Additional Domain Controller. And there is no additional activity is going on, in this server.

I have select the option "Automatically Select open file technology" for open file.

And also want to know one thing, is there any port needs to be open in Firewall for veritas backup.

Waiting for your reply...

Regards,
Abhijit