cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An unknown backup-to-disk folder was found at the specified path

Sorcermon
Level 3

Hello.

I have a disaster in my system, and I need to recover a backup.

Because of the disaster I have lost symantec backup too, I have reinstalled it, and when I try to connect to my backup folder, it says:

An unknown backup-to-disk folder was found at the specified path

And ask me to create a new one.

Why am I seeing this message? The backup folder looks good.

If I create a new one.. Will I loose all the backups I have in that folder?

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Define the B2D within Backup Exec itself by adding it. You won't lose data doing so.

Once done, run a Catalog job on the *.bkf files and then try the restore. Catalogging data adds that data back into a new BEDB which you won't have currently.

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What version of BE are you using?

If you are using BE 2012, then note that you can only have one disk storage per volume.  Try the following

1) rename the BEControl and BEdata directories to something else.

2) you should then be able to define your disk storage on this volume

3) copy the .bkf files and .img folders from the old BEdata directory to the new one.

4) on the Storage tab, right-click on the new disk storage and select inventory.

5) After the inventory, right-click on the new disk storage and select catalog.

You should then have access to your old backup sets.

Sorcermon
Level 3

I have Symantec Backup 12.5

I'vd defined the B2D folder as CraigV told, and it detects all the .bkf

But I have 5TB of bkf files and a network connection of 100Mbps to the storage repository.

The storage is "in use" and the network transfer is near 100% (I think it is recogising the bkf's) but it is taking long time (it goes now for 6 hours) and it has no progress or something like that...

screenshotay3.png

Should I wait for this to finish?

CraigV

Yes...check the Job Monitor and it will show you how far the Catalog job is. It needs to complete in order to catalog everything.

Thanks!

Sorcermon
Level 3

Job Monitro, does not display anything, It is not doing catalog job, I think it is recognizyng the bkf or someting but job monitor does not display anything, and the only clue that the system is working is by the green arrow in the B2D folder and by network traffic.

Anyone knows what is the software doing rigth now and how long will it take?

CraigV

It can't just recognise the *.bkf files. A Catalog job is required, and if nothing is running currently, then you should consider Pausing the B2D through the Devices tab, and then Unpausing it.

Thanks!

Sorcermon
Level 3

Paused it, but it didn't stop... 

screenshot4.png

Sorcermon
Level 3

After a few minutes it paused... I'm trying to catalog some files now...