cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An unknown error occurred on device "HP 1".V-79-57344-34036

nizzy
Level 2

I Have The Following Problem from my backup I Have an HP 1x8 G2 Autoloader Ultrium 3 Backup Exec 12.5 & Windows Server 2008 Entrerprise x64 anyone any suggestions?

Backup- C:
An unknown error occurred on device "HP 1".
V-79-57344-34036 - An unknown error has occurred.

A selection on device D: was skipped because of previous errors with the job.

A selection on device E: was skipped because of previous errors with the job.

A selection on device SERVER\BKUPEXEC was skipped because of previous errors with the job.

A selection on device SERVER\OFFICESERVERS was skipped because of previous errors with the job.

A selection on device \\SERVER\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group was skipped because o...

A selection on device \\SERVER\Microsoft Information Store\Second Storage Group was skipped because ...
A selection on device ConfigurationV3-DB (SERVER\OFFICESERVERS\SharePoint_Config_73eae503-71a0-4779-...

A selection on device Global Settings (SERVER) was skipped because of previous errors with the job.

A selection on device SharedServices1\Services-DB 1 (SERVER\OFFICESERVERS\SharedServices1_DB_45bea1a...

A selection on device Shared Search Index\Index files 1 (SERVER\d6ee9b85-b5af-4245-b23a-95cb53f86554...

A selection on device Shared Search Index\Search-DB 1 (SERVER\OFFICESERVERS\SharedServices1_Search_D...

A selection on device SharePoint - 24718\Content-DB 1 (SERVER\OFFICESERVERS\SharedServicesContent_32...

A selection on device Search instance\Index files 1 (SERVER\57a51097-2b31-4770-95d3-0b47298bfed2) wa...

A selection on device Search instance\Search-DB 1 (SERVER\OFFICESERVERS\WSS_Search_SCS04) was skippe...

A selection on device SharePoint - 80\Content-DB 1 (SERVER\OFFICESERVERS\WSS_Content) was skipped be...

A selection on device WebApplication\Content-DB 1 (SERVER\OFFICESERVERS\SharePoint_AdminContent_5ba1...

A selection on device Shadow?Copy?Components was skipped because of previous errors with the job.

8 REPLIES 8

Larry_Fine
Level 6
   VIP   
Can you run a simple backup of a few local files? Anything in the Windows event log?

nizzy
Level 2
I can back up variable amounts I managed to backup my entire C Drive 7GB but then i Tried to backup the data drive 60GB and that fails no events show up in event viewer other than job failed same report as the error from backup exec

Anup
Level 6
Certified

Check event system log.

See if there are any hardware errors with event id 7,9,11,15 

nizzy
Level 2

Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed

(Server: "Server") (Job: "Backup 00019") Backup 00019 -- The job failed with the following error: An unknown error has occurred.

For more information, click the following link:

http://eventlookup.veritas.com/eventlookup/EventLookup.jhtml

thats the only thing that shows up in the event log there are no hardware errors at all checked all log files and the above is all that shows up.

Paldrion
Level 3

Everything worked perfectly the night before. A new totally clean install of Backup Exec 12.5 was installed last week, which performed flawlessly.  Yesterday, I installed the licenses.  Now I am getting these errors:

"Access to the device SERVER03\BKUPEXEC is not authorized with this edition of the product.
A selection on device SERVER03\ECTECAD was skipped because of previous errors with the job.

A selection on device SERVER03\SELECTSERVER was skipped because of previous errors with the job.
A selection on device \\SERVER03\Utility Partition was skipped because of previous errors with the job.
A selection on device Shadow?Copy?Components was skipped because of previous errors with the job. "

I have never had a previous error with SERVER03\ECTECAD, \\SERVER03\Utility Partition, or Shadow?Copy?Components.

Anyone know what I can do at this point?

KVet
Not applicable

Hi there. I'm not sure if you still need help on this one, but I thought I would post this in case it might help you or others searching on this issue.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/303340.htm

Let us know if this could have or did help you with a solution.

Thanks.

TankMurdoch
Level 3
Accredited
Look in the services mmc for a service called 'HP WMI Storage Providers' and disable this. I had the exact same problem and this cured it.

Dan_Wakeman
Level 4
This is how I finally fixed the same error after a lot of effort and failed attempts.

Test your tape drive to be sure it works outside of Backup Exec. I had an HP drive. Go to hp.com/go/tape. Find the link under "value added software" for "Library and Tape Tools", click that link, download the software. L&TT is a free diagnostic tool for HP tape drives and libraries. If it works, the problem is within Backup Exec. (I was using 12.5 with the very latest drivers, literally posted this week).
  1. Disable the tape drive in Backup Exec (right click on it)
  2. Delete the tape drive in Backup Exec (right click again, need to disable first) This must be done in Backup Exec! Doing the same in Windows Device Manager and rebooting did not fix the problem.
  3. Stop all the Backup Exec services (I did this with services manager & confirmed in Windows Services)
  4. Start all the Backup Exec services
  5. Start Backup Exec
  6. The tape drive should be re-detected.

Dan