cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B/up fails on lotus 6.0 domino server-a000e380 HEX resource errors

Aris_Girou
Not applicable
Hello,
It is my first time using this VERITAS b/up exec for a lotus domino server and seems that it was working just fine for the past month (that is when I started here & it was already setup and running). Issue is, for the past 4 nights, the b/up was failing due to time outs after 18 hrs (this is the timeout window). No bites writen, no activity, nothing. Now: we have other medium b/ups that run and b/up some other databases on the same server during the day, they started to fail as well however corrected themselves and are now working fine again. The critical b/up however is still failing, but differently this time. For the past 2 nights the b/up seems to start ok (ran 31 mins & failed, then ran almost an hour last night before failing). It tries to b/up the .NSF files (these are the databases for all the mail clients in lotus notes) & skips pretty much all the .NSF files and marks them as "The item CAMAIL1|D:\Lotus\Domino\data\mail\agirou.nsf in use - skipped." (that is my mail file as an example. I got this from the exceptions section in the job log). We checked the server and have noticed that the domino server seems to freak out for about an hour and just goes back into normal operation. Note that this does not happen while the b/up is running & was not the case the first 2 times the b/up hung and timed out. Anyhow, any ideas or clues would be a great help. I have never used this app so not sure whats going on. I checked the b/up exec service under services on the server and it is started, auto selected... No upgrades were done, nothing has changed as far as I know. Thanks all. Aris.
1 REPLY 1

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please refer the following technotes:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/241916

http://support.veritas.com/docs/277612

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.