cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2D to NAS

Dave_Garbe
Level 2
We recently had to send our NAS in for repair due to a hdd going, and having some issues trying to get it going again after getting it back. (We're also requesting info from them for details on what they may have changed)

The problem is with creating a B2D device on our NAS, or setting the old shares online again.

When using an existing B2D folder, and setting "online", it stays offline, and in the Windows event viewer:
"An error occurred while processing a B2D command.
Changer: CreatePath() CreateDirectory1 failed (\\lacie\engineering\exchange_backup\fb_7_sat\). Error=1326"

When trying to create a new B2D folder, we get the error "Unable to create new backup folder. Access denied."
From the Windows event viewer
"An error occurred while processing a B2D command.
Changer: CreatePath() CreateDirectory1 failed (\\Lacie\ghost\kitexm\fb1sun\). Error=1326 "

I'm able to browse to the locations through the B2D folder creation, and if I use Windows Explorer to bring up the locations, I can create folders, files, etc, without having to authenticate. (The shares are configured to allow Everyone acces)

The NAS is a LaCie 1TB Network'd hdd w/ Windows XP Embedded.
http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10645
I see over and over you point towards the page that shows NT/2000, compatible OS, or emulated.. but there's no mention about Windows XP embedded. (though it was working previously) The OS is just to run the network drive, can't actually install software (like remote agent) on it. It does have a firewall to restrict data access, however it's currently disabled.

I've been looking through many other threads here to find answers, and it's given me a few things to try, but to no avail. It was suggested to use the IP instead of device name, however the program says that periods aren't valid, so you can't actually use IP.
I've tried adding a lacie\Administrator user in Backup Exec's Logon Account Management, which doesn't work either. (Though as above, I have no problems accessing the NAS through Windows Explorer, without having to authenticate, rebooting the server to ensure it wasn't saving some logon info)
Tried mapping a network drive, even though it's not supposed to work. (It didn't)
I poked through the Download section, but didn't see anything mentioning these issues, and Symantec's organization of documents / files is horrible so I couldn't find anything useful.

I've tried a lot of things, and am stuck for answers. As above, the NAS just came back from repair, though it's working otherwise. Aside from creating some jobs to backup elsewhere while it was gone, our Backup Exec settings haven't changed.
I know this pretty much points to the issue being with the NAS, but perhaps I'm missing something.
3 REPLIES 3

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Do you receive any other event ids in the event logs?

Kindly refer the following Document:

How to recreate the configuration files for a Backup-to-Disk folder in Backup Exec 9.x and 10.0 for Windows Servers in the event of corruption

http://support.veritas.com/docs/269716

Thank You,

Shweta

Dave_Garbe
Level 2
No, there were no other error codes, just 1326.

This isn't a corrupt share, as I can't even create a new B2D folder. (And the error codes for create new, and set online, are the same)

timg
Level 2
Moved To New Thread. Locked Old Thread.