cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12.5 restore from disk question

EvanNY
Level 4

I am doing a Exchange 2007 mailbox restore in BE 12.5 from a back up to disk folder with extremly slow restore times at 5mb/sec.

We originally ran a GRT backup of our entire Exchange environment to tape.  We normally do not have drive space to backup to a folder.  So in this case I hooked up a USB drive and made a Backup to disk folder , and made a duplicate backup set of the tape.

The duplicate backup set ran just fine at about 1500mb/sec. 

Unfortuantely now the restore is going at about 5mb/sec.  We are redirecting to a different mailbox on our production server using the agent.

Any ideas why it could be so slow?  Any thoughts how to fix?  I have my tmp folders also on that USB drive.

Thanks for the help!

-Evan

21 REPLIES 21

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

It's not unheard of that 2 different vendor's backup applications clash with each other.

Any chance you can uninstall ARCserve, or at least disable and stop the services?

EvanNY
Level 4

I have made some progress on my restore speeds.

I worked with symantec and we have tweaked somethings.  Most the service account permissions for the exhange system.  Apparently my BE service account only had view-only.  Not sure how it was still doing the restore.

We also excluded somet folders from Antivirus. 

Currently speeds are up to about 15-20mb/min.  Still not good but better. 

Thanks for all the help.

I will not be starting another topic..as my restore is blowing up the database!

-Evan