cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12 - Remote Agent error when backing up Local resources?? (System State issue perhaps)

Shinedog
Level 2
I get the following error when Backup Exec 12 attempts to backup files on the backup server itself:

Backup- SERVER01V-79-57344-3844 - The media server was unable to connect to the Remote Agent on machine SERVER01.
The media server will use the local agent to try to complete the operation.
Remote Agent not detected on \\SERVER01.
In the selection list, I have the local server checked, I am not browsing under the Favorite Resources/Windows Systems or Domains lists.  I have selected C:, D:, System State, and Shadow Copy Components.  What's odd is that in the Resource Order list it displays SERVER01 twice as two seperate nodes, one with C:, D: and Shadow Copy Components and the other node with just System State.  I'm assuming it is trying to back up the node with only the System State via the Remote Agent.  Is this what it is supposed to do?  Am I supposed to install the Remote Agent on the local backup server?  I don't recall prior versions being this way?  Or am I just missing something here.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

Shinedog
Level 2

OK obviously I am slow this morning or something.  Don't know how I missed the article at http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/289709.htm.  Deselecting the System State, OK'ing out and then re-selecting the System State put it under the correct node in Resource Order.  Doh, time to get some coffee I guess  :D

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
I've got a couple of spare "Been There - Done That"  T-Shirts if you need one  Smiley Very Happy