cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2012: How do I restore from imported backups?

Genman
Level 3

Under the Storage tab and Configure Storage, I have imported previously created backups successfully.  Next I ran an Inventory and Catalog successfully.  Now the storage and the backup sets are visible.  However the only options available to me with these backup sets are Delete, Retain, Catalog (already done), Duplicate and Verify.  How do I actually run a restore off of this backup data?

Nathan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Genman
Level 3

This new 2012 version is going to take some time getting used to!!!  What happened was that when I added (imported) the storage location and Named it under the Storage tab...it actually did also add it under my Backup and Restore tab.  The problem is that I have created a long list of Named storage devices (including that exact location) already....and when it added it to the B&R tab it added it as an IP address name instead of the Name I gave it over on the Storage tab when I imported it.  So, my eyes never even saw that a new IP named entry had apeared on the B&R tab.  

Now that I've found it on the B&R tab, I'm good to go.  I won't even try to ask why BE would add it under the other tab and not keep the name the same (which I specifically gave it)???

Another quirky BE2012 lesson learned.

Nathan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Genman
Level 3

As I said, the bu2d folder is now listed under storage and I can browse the contents.  The problems I see are that when I click on any of the contents, all options are greyed out.  Why are they greyed out?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you tried to initiate a restore from the Backup & Restore tab ?

Genman
Level 3

I can't figure out how to.  These are imported backups run by my previous BE '11 server.  Aparently you cannot restore from actual backup storage???  On the Backup and Restore tab, I only get to see servers or file servers or other devices.  (The data I need restored is from a file server.)  I have added the file server as a device.  However when I right click on this device, I do not have any options to restore, most likely because I have not backed this device up from BE2012 yet.  Since there is no backup job, there is no restore option.  

The question is, how do I restore previously backed up data that has been imported....not backed up with this 2012 server?

Genman
Level 3

On the Backup and Restore side, when I dive into the File Server and choose Backup Sets...nothing is there.  It does not show the backup set that are sitting there but that it did not create.  However over on the Storage tab, the imported backp sets show and do exist in that exact same location.

Genman
Level 3

This new 2012 version is going to take some time getting used to!!!  What happened was that when I added (imported) the storage location and Named it under the Storage tab...it actually did also add it under my Backup and Restore tab.  The problem is that I have created a long list of Named storage devices (including that exact location) already....and when it added it to the B&R tab it added it as an IP address name instead of the Name I gave it over on the Storage tab when I imported it.  So, my eyes never even saw that a new IP named entry had apeared on the B&R tab.  

Now that I've found it on the B&R tab, I'm good to go.  I won't even try to ask why BE would add it under the other tab and not keep the name the same (which I specifically gave it)???

Another quirky BE2012 lesson learned.

Nathan