cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2012: dynamic disks backup

UFO
Level 6

How Backup Exec 2012 will backup the volume which is located on two dynamic disks (Windows)?

7 REPLIES 7

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

The disk would have a drive letter. You can Install the remote agent on the machine which has this disk and you can back it up using raws from backup exec

UFO
Level 6

Thank you. Is there a document describing the procedure?

King_Julien
Level 5

UFO
Level 6

this KB is about RAW. I wanted to know how to backup two dynamic disks.

Gurvinder

Have you installed the remote agent on this machine which has these 2 dynamic disk or are these disk mounted locally on the media server ? If yes, create a backup job and select the respective dynamic disk and back it up to the destination you want.

UFO
Level 6

Thank you. Disks are on other server, than meadia server. And they're combined in to one logical volume. Thus I should configure remote agent first and then should create backup job for this agent, right? The main question is: will the logical volume be available for backup, or should I somehow backup both dynamic disks?

Gurvinder

If you can show me the disk management screenshot from the server where you have the dynamic disk, that would be helpful. But yes, it first the remote agent installation and then configure backup job to include the drives on that server.