Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE upgrade from 10 to 15

shaabin
Level 4
Partner

Hello guys,

i need some help,i have plan to our BE 2010 R3 server upgrade to 2015.Is it possible to upgrade directly or i need to upgrade first 2014 thenafter that 2015??

server details:

Windows 2008 R2 std

8 GB RAM

64-bit OS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

For direct upgrade to BE 15, you need to have BE 2010 R3 SP4.  Just run LU a couple of times to install SP4 and the latest hotfixes.  After that, push out the remote agents to the remote servers before upgrading.  Also, save a copy of the Data and Catalog directories under the BE installation directory, in case you need to revert.

Your media server specs is O.K.

You would need a new set of licence keys for BE 15.  The licence upgrade is free if you are on a current maintenance contract.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shaabin
Level 4
Partner

Backup Exec 2010 R3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

For direct upgrade to BE 15, you need to have BE 2010 R3 SP4.  Just run LU a couple of times to install SP4 and the latest hotfixes.  After that, push out the remote agents to the remote servers before upgrading.  Also, save a copy of the Data and Catalog directories under the BE installation directory, in case you need to revert.

Your media server specs is O.K.

You would need a new set of licence keys for BE 15.  The licence upgrade is free if you are on a current maintenance contract.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have a look @ this KB as well - https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.HOWTO98878.html

shaabin
Level 4
Partner

Hello guys,

the upgradation is succesfully completed.

The re is only one problem.one of our windows 2003 R2 server can not upgrade to new version of BE

shaabin
Level 4
Partner

After upgradation  the de duplication also not workin? i try to take inventory of de dupe storage pool,but its hanging.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is FP1 applied to the BE 15 media server ? And has the server been rebooted post the upgrade install ?