cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE11D Exchange Agent Install on a Cluster

Cbernard
Level 3
 Hi there,

How do I install the BU11D Exchange Agents on a pair of clustered Exchange 2003 servers?

I have a dedicated backup server with BU11D, SQL agents (the box also backus up a SQL 2005 cluster), and exchange agents installed. BE11 "knows" about the SQL cluster and I can sucessfully backup SQL databases.

But I just can't figure out how to install the Exchange agents. The manual isn't much help - suggesting I follow the local install option but that wants me to install all of BU as well as the Exchange agent on the cluster nodes, obviously not what I want to do!

So, can someone please tell me how to get the Exchange agents on the cluster nodes?

Cheers
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marksw
Level 5
 Push the remote agent to both physical node on the cluster.
Then in you backup selection you want to backup the virtual exchange cluster node names.

Mark

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marksw
Level 5
 Push the remote agent to both physical node on the cluster.
Then in you backup selection you want to backup the virtual exchange cluster node names.

Mark

Cbernard
Level 3
 Ahhhh! Now you've pointed it out, it's so obvious!

Many thanks.

Bernard

shirmal
Level 5
Hi Bernard,

As Mark says, backup the physical noe resources using the physical node name, and any shared resources using the virtual node name.
Have a look at http://www.backupexecfaq.com/faq/getting-started/backing-up-veritas-cluster-server.html
It's the concepts for what to backup whether you're using a VCS cluster or otherwise
Hope this helps

---cheers

shirmal