cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE12.5 Reports Capability

BHF
Level 3
I've written a simple report to allow me to review file/folder restorations.  I'd like to put that report on a schedule and have it run weekly or monthly to document that the restorations work. (this was suggested by our auditors).  Is there some form of scheduler within BE??  Or is there a way to execute a report from a .bat file that could be scheduled external to BE? 

Second question on these reports I'm selecting "Job Type", "Original Start time", "Server", "Job Name", "Total Files", and "Status".  I'm also Grouping it by "Original Start Time".  Often I get the same entry multiple times for the same Start Time.  I think I've narrowed the cause down to the fact that for the same fields there can be multiple "Info ID" entries.  Is there a way to suppress this field as a selection Item?  It certainly would clean up the report. 

I'd appreciate any responses.

TIA
4 REPLIES 4

kkate
Level 5
Accredited
Hi,
For the first question, Yes you can schedule the report generation job.............

I cant get your second question.
If you can clarify, will see

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Backup Exec 12.5 Administration Guide
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/308400.htm

Best Practice for Report Writing:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/311695.htm

These should give you a good idea of what to look into.

BHF
Level 3
Thanks CraigV and kkate.

I found the information on scheduliing and that is just what I wanted. 

On the second item I'm attaching two .pdf file that show what I'm talking about.
Example#1 shows the report with the "info ID" field selected.  This shows that for the same restore there can be multiple Info IDs.  I don't really care about this level of information I only want one record for each restore.

My example#2 is the same report only I've removed the "info ID" field.  This shows that the multiple entries for the restores are still shown.  

As stated before I'd like to only see one line for each restore.

If you have some suggestions I'd appreciate them.

thanks, 
BHF

Wilson101
Not applicable
I am having the same issues when trying to create reports. The report considers each physical drive as its own backup job and I am not sure whats cuasing that. When i run the built in Job Summary report everthing reports just fine.

All I want is a Report identical to the Job summary report with a Pie chart at the top for the Status field. If I could copy one of the built in reports and update it that would be amazing simple but obviosly we wouldnt want to make things that easy.