Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2012 and Remote Agent Connection to Target system lost

Henrik_Fr_lund
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I have just installed Backup Exec 2012 trial on a newly installed Small Business Server 2011.

We would like to backup SQL databases that is placed on another Windows2008R2 server with a full SQL2008 running - both servers are running in a VMware environment.

We have pushed the remote agent to the SQL server, but when we try to backup SQL databases, it is failing with the information:

Job ended: 13. marts 2012 at 23:01:18
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000ff19 - A communications failure has occurred with a SQL Server resource.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65305

To rule out, that it should be something with the SQL server, we tried to backup a single file on the remote servere instead and disabled firewalls on both servers, and received following error:

Job ended: 15. marts 2012 at 10:15:54
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fe30 - A communications failure has occurred.
Final error category: Server Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65072

And in errors:

V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled.

It is possible to browse the remote SQL server and filesystem, but when we run the backup job it fails.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Henrik_Fr_lund
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hi Matt12345,

You gave me half the solution.

The problem was ipv6, when I disabled ipv6 on the SQL server the remote agent/backup worked fine.cool

Thanks for your reply.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Check and make sure you have licensed the SQL agent in trial mode, and also make sure of the following on the remote server:

1. The RAWS agent service is started;

2. Open the RAWS agent utility and make sure it is publishing to your media server correctly.

Thanks!

Matt12345
Level 4

I wonder if it's a DNS issue.

You might take a sledgehammer approach to it and stick an entry in the host file on the media server that is backing up the SQL server.

Henrik_Fr_lund
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hi Matt12345,

You gave me half the solution.

The problem was ipv6, when I disabled ipv6 on the SQL server the remote agent/backup worked fine.cool

Thanks for your reply.