cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2012 detects Qualacom Superloader 3 as single tape drive

JimLow
Level 3

I am installing a Qualacom Superloader 3 (SAS LTO-6) and BE2012 sees it as a single tape drive, not a library.  This device is on the 2012 HCL with the 201596 Hotfix.  I have all updates and hotfixes installed.

At this point in time I am unable to communicate with the library so I cannot do any backups.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall library 2 times and no luck thus far.

6 REPLIES 6

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Dees the oeprating system (Devices console) actually show the libary listed

If it does not then you have to fix this  outside of Backup Exec before trying to configure Backup Exec

JimLow
Level 3

It shows up in Windows device manager as a tape drive but not as a Medium Changer.  i would expect both to be present.  

So, how do I go about solving that?  Why would windows see the tape drive but not the library that is holding the tape drive?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

If your library connected to a supported SAS card, not RAID controller?

Thanks!

JimLow
Level 3

The SAS card that is in the server is an Adaptec 1045 card.  How do I know if this is supported.  If it is I can move on.  If I need a different card, which one?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...check the manufacturer's site and confirm that it is supported for connecting to a tape library.

Thanks!

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

from the HCL:

4. Unless specifically stated in technote http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH70907 , tape libraries or tape drives attached to a RAID controller are not supported.

From http://www.adaptec.com/en-us/support/sas/sas/asc-1045/ that is NOT a RAID HBA, so you are good there.

But, until you can get the changer to show up in device manager, there is nothing BE can do.  You may need to work with Quantum, Adaptec or your server vendor.

Make sure your HBA has the latest firmware & drivers.

If you press CTRL-A during POST, can you see the changer & the tape drive?