cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2014 with BE2012 SDR Disk Compatibility?

syed_jahanzaib
Level 5

I am in process of upgrading BE2012.SP4 with BE2014_14.1.1786 version.

Currently I am also using SDR CD to recover my systems in case of any disaster,  I download this SDR Backup_Exec_2012_14.0_SP4_Recovery_Disk_64bit_Multilingual cd ISO image from symantec

Will above SDR work with 2014 ? or any new version of SDR?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sagar_Kamat1
Level 3
Employee

I would recommend you to create new Simplified Disaster Recovery disks using Backup Exec 2014. SDR in Backup Exec 2014 uses Win PE 4.0 and can be used for DR of Windows Server 2012 too. Simply upgrade to Backup Exec 2014, run full system backups of remote computers and run the Simplified Disaster Recovery disk wizard to create SDR disk.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sagar_Kamat1
Level 3
Employee

I would recommend you to create new Simplified Disaster Recovery disks using Backup Exec 2014. SDR in Backup Exec 2014 uses Win PE 4.0 and can be used for DR of Windows Server 2012 too. Simply upgrade to Backup Exec 2014, run full system backups of remote computers and run the Simplified Disaster Recovery disk wizard to create SDR disk.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Just for info we no longer provide a downloadable SDR disk with BE 2014. This is primarily to do with changes on the Microsoft side against the distribution. As such in BE 2014 we have gone back to a wizard that downloads and installs the required developer kit support from Microsoft (once) and creates the ISO for you on one of your systems (media server or remote admin console)

In effect we have sort of gone back to the 2010 / IDR style of making the bootable DVD, although not because of customer feedback but for other reasons.