cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE9.1 cannot install needed updates

A_H__de_Jong
Level 2
Hello,

Current situation is BE9.1 rev. 4691 with SP2.
The latest updates (including SP3) cannot be installed, keep getting the below message:

Install Wizard ERROR!

The wizard was interrupted before VERITAS Backup Exec for Windows Servers could be completely installed.

Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again.

Click Finish to exit the wizard.

I tried to repair the install. Was able to repair the VERITAS Update entry in Add/remove programs, but I am not able to repair VERITAS Backup Exec for Windows Servers. When I click on the Change butten next to it, I get an Windows installer saying it is preparing to install but after a few seconds the popup goes away and nothing happens.

Hope someone can help us out.

Kind regards,

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hello!

Have you tried installing the lates SP3? Because Service Pack 3 contains a collection of hotfixes that resolve many issues in Backup Exec 9.1 for Windows Servers revision 4691.

VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.1 for Windows Servers revision 4691 - Service Pack 3

http://support.veritas.com/docs/278302

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

A_H__de_Jong
Level 2
We have tried insstalling SP3, it gives the same message as for the updates as well.

Regards,
Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Have you rebooted the server after running repair install.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.