cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BERetrieve search function DOES NOT WORK!

Barry_Greenaw1
Level 3

I am really frustrated with CPS. Just rolled out 12, which finally seems to work - at least from the snapshot point of view. However, Symantec have STILL NOT SOLVED THE BETRIEVE SEARCH PROBLEM! If I type in any search string to look for a file or files to retrieve from a snapshot, it returns zero results. Maddening, as I wanted to give my users the option of retrieving files themselves.

I logged a call with Symantec and they admit it is a problem, but there is currently no fix (even with 12.5). This problem has been around since at least DECEMBER 2007! Hey, Symantec - GET IT FIXED!

For anyone who has the same problem, do not bother checking out Document ID 286924 as it does not help.

Has anyone found a method to get the search working? 

14 REPLIES 14

Andrew_Haines
Level 2
I've experienced the same issue with 11d and recently upgraded to 12.5 and still the same - bit pathetic really!

BallandBiscuit
Level 3
Same problem with a brand new 12.5 installation.  Can browse data to restore but search and also recently modified/deleted do not work. 

Barry_Greenaw1
Level 3

I wonder if anyone from Symantec actually accesses these forums? This is such a fundamental problem with CPS and renders the product unusable for exactly the type of user who needs it most: the end user who wants to retrieve files in their own time instead of having to go through a system administrator.

Symantec - To leave this problem hanging around since DECEMBER 2007 is an absolute disgrace. GET IT FIXED!

BallandBiscuit
Level 3
Judging by how quiet the CPS forum is I wonder if many people actually use it?  I have tried to get answers from this forum on questions I had on a new installation and got no response.  I also raised my questions about BERetrieve and general install issues with Symantec over a week ago and have had no response.

Robert_Eriksson
Level 4

Hi

Is this fixed? Im running a brand new 12.5 installation and having the same problem!

Please let me know.

Regards
Robert Eriksson

Barry_Greenaw1
Level 3
No it is not fixed. I suggest you contact Symantec and tell them to get it fixed pronto. The more people that badger Symantec about this, the better. I cannot believe that such a fundmental part of CPS has been left broken for so long.

Robert_Eriksson
Level 4

I have registered a case at Symantec....

Case number: 240-915-779

Andrew_Haines
Level 2
It'll be interesting to see what they say. I'm gonna guess it'll be the old line "this may be fixed in a future version"

Robert_Eriksson
Level 4

Had my first talk with a tech-guy the other day regarding this case and he said this was known and that he was going to forward the case to a higher level or something like that.
Then yesterday I got a mail from the same guy saying he was going to call me again to continue the troubleshooting... so not much yet.

Robert_Eriksson
Level 4

SOS_Admin
Level 2
Is there any fix for this problem yet?

Barry_Greenaw1
Level 3
Still no fix for this so I logged yet another call (my third) with Symantec and got the official party line: 'It is a known problem and is being worked on.' SINCE DECEMBER 2007!!!???

I again demanded an escalation and a call back from a second-level engineer. I am not holding my breath - I am still awaiting a call back from 10th December 2008!

Truly appalling customer service and support from Symantec.

teiva-boy
Level 6
Get back on the phone, ask for a "Duty Manager,"  and ask for an escalation.

Your complaining on a community supported forum will not get you far.

BradJ
Not applicable
Still doesn't work in 2010!