cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEX 2012 - Add a server jobs completes successfully but server is not added - servers backs up ok

evejulie
Level 3

Can anyone help with this issue?

Exchange server 2007 - can backup sucesfully via vcentre connected to backup exec 2012

Need to be able to see the server in BEX to do a granular restore, when I add it the jobs completes sucesfully, but the server does not appear in the server list.

This error is in the event log directly after (Application, task category 65535) points to a duplicate record in the DB so it cannot insert it into the resource container.

DataAccessLayer SetException:
 Exception: [ResourceContainer_Save]: Insert ResourceContainer caught an error: Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.ResourceContainer' with unique index 'IX_ConnectionName'.
 Sql Command:
CommandType=StoredProcedure CommandText = [ResourceContainer_Save]
Parameter: @ResourceContainerID=75d0cc30-0bbe-44e5-8cd9-3361708e80b5
Parameter: @InternalName=\\*****
Parameter: @UserDefinedName=****
Parameter: @ResourceType=16777216
Parameter: @BEResourceInstalled=0
Parameter: @BEResourceProtected=0
Parameter: @Description=
Parameter: @OSVersionInfo=
Parameter: @BEVersionInfo=
Parameter: @Flags=2359304
Parameter: @LoginAccountID=a886ade5-6972-4609-9322-bbeb37326a6d
Parameter: @RETURN_VALUE=1
Parameter: @xmlProperty=<ResourceContainer><DSSS ResourceType="2" ResourceSubType="3" OSID="127" OSVersion="0" Flags="15" ResourceName="\\***" RestoreResourceName="\\***>

I have ran a DB cleanup & consistency check, does anyone know what else I can do?

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Are you on BE 2012 SP4 yet? If not, download it manually and install it and check again.

Make sure there are no DNS issues between this server and the media server.

Thanks!

Siddhant_Saini
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hello,

What Service Pack level is installed for Backup Exec 2012? We did have a similar issue which was fixed with Backup Exec 2012 Service Pack 3(refer to http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH204497). I'd request you to install Backup Exec 2012 Service Pack 4 (http://http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH212772) on both, the Backup Exec Server and the Exchange server. 

evejulie
Level 3

My service pack is up to date. I dont think you understand quite the issue.

The link you pointed me towards is a link for granular restore, the issue I have is that I cannot add the server, so the agent is installed, the backups run (via vcentre) but to be able to even attempt a granular restore you need to be able to actually see the server to click restore, I can run the add the server task via the add job on the backup & restore tab - it then says "succesful" but the server does not appear under all servers.

I have ran sgmon & it connects & thinks it has done it sucesfully, however on the event log of the server it has an error message (as my first posting) which states that it cannot add the name to the resource list as its already present. If you read through what I posted above the error seems quite clear?

So my question is how can I clear out this stale record from the DB or wherever it is storing it, so that when it is added it does not see it in this DB?

If you can repsond back ASAP as this problem is really urgent for me, thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Do a backup of the Exchange server as if it is a physical machine and see whether you can see your previous VM backups BTW, this is a user supported forum. There is no guarantee that there will be a response. If you problem is urgent you should open a formal support case with Symantec

evejulie
Level 3

Thanks for the response, I cannot do a physical backup as I cannot add the machine, the VM backup has ran ok because it sees the machine via vcentre. The only way I can add the machine is by adding it as a file server not as a windows computer & servers (which as its exchange box it needs to be)

I have added it like that - but it shows no job history, even after a job has ran after its been added.

The issue seems to be it sees the record already, however at a DB level we dont have access to the BEX SQL so I cannot see the record.