cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUE 2012 Job Overwrite Option?

Randokles
Level 3
Partner

New 2012 installation (my first of this version, upgrade from 11d). Old jobs were thoroughly mangled in the upgrade process, so I deleted them and started from scratch. Now every job fails with an 0xe0000f16 error "No appendable media could be mounted." No where can I find the accustomed settings for overwrite vs. append, and every job is somehow set to append.

Where in the job properties is the overwrite option?

TIA

Randy

10 REPLIES 10

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

right click a server object and select edit backups

when you see a screen with selection  in the left side and job details (stages) in the right, select the edit button in the right side. This brings up the backup options and in that screen you should be able to find the settings you are after.

JB1908
Level 2

Go to job properties

Edit Backup

Storage

"When this job begins" section will give you overwrite options.

Randokles
Level 3
Partner

Under Storage there are options for "Priority," "Storage" (i.e.device selection), "Compression" and "Encryption type," nothing more. It would seen this critical option is somehow missing from this installation.

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Backups to tape or disk?

With 2012, "Start Job as" options will be available only when you choose a tape device as the storage to use.

Known issue: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/issues/after-upgrading-backup-exec-2012-backup-disk-jobs-fail-error-e0000f16-operation-failed-acquir

Randokles
Level 3
Partner

Backing up to disk.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you back up to a Disk Storage or Disk Cartridge Device, the job will always use overwrite.  Hence you are not presented with the option to choose overwrite or append.

Randokles
Level 3
Partner

Thanks, but if that were happening, we wouldn't have a problem; it seeks to append and terminates the job with the no appendible media could be mounted error.

Going to have to give up on this; Symantec TS wouldn't accept a pay-per-incident case (this is a trial version), and my client isn't going to pay for an upgrade that doesn't work. Short-sighted on their part, they've lost a sale and a potential long-term customer.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If you are a Symantec Partner (you have Parter against your forum banner)  you should have ways to talk to the Partner Management team did you try this route to get help with a support case.

We also have a pre-sales team that potential customers can arrange ot talk to, did you ask anyone about that?

Also when you say Disk do you mean RDX or standard harddisk?

Randokles
Level 3
Partner

Partner Management Team: I didn't try this, but the website is pretty clear that the only TS services offered at the "channel registered" level are online resources like this forum.

Pre-sales: "There's nothing I can offer you for trialware support."

Disk type: Both internal HDD and RDX.

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you get this error message, it could also be that your media is not online or functioning correctly, hence BE cannot write to it.  Make sure that your disk is functioning correctly and is online.