cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUE2012 - "Unable to establish trust", "Invalid parameters for interface"

PeWoz
Level 3

Hi, just installed BUE2012 with SP1a on a clean install of Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. Everything appears to work OK but when I was receiving GRT

1_0.JPG

errors on one Hyper V server when backing him up via the Hyper V Agent even though the Windows Agent is also installed on all VM's.

So, I have gone to the Servers view and clicked on them to try and establish the trust again but get the following error on all VM's I try to do this with:

Anyone else seen this and know a fix?

Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Any firewall on the server in question? If so, either turn it off or open port 10000 and try again!

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Test your connections to the VM's by doing a telnet to each of them on port 10000

PeWoz
Level 3

Hi!

No Firewall set. Telnet with port 10000 is connecting

CraigV

DNS running fine?

PeWoz
Level 3

jep

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Go to each VM, start up the BE remote agent utility and make sure that it is publishing correctly to the media server.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Else, you can re-push the agents & this will automatically establish trust.

And what error do you receive during a GRT backup ?

PeWoz
Level 3

repush of agents done...same result. Trust on target VM is also registred correctly. Also all services started....

VJware
Level 6

If there is already trust established, there is no need to establish trust again. ( I have seen that error happening when one tries to establish trust with a machine where trust is already established )

Would you post the failed job log.

PeWoz
Level 3

2_0.JPG

PeWoz
Level 3

any ideas?

VJware
Level 6

Would you confirm the backup exec logon account has appropriate user rights on the remote system using this KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH36718

In addition to the above rights, it should not have deny for them either.

CraigV

...if you have support with Symantec this might be the right time to open a case with them!

THanks!