cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackUp Exec 12.0 failing due to \\ error

andrew_charles
Level 4
Hi Guys i am getting the following error message when doing daily back ups. "The path for this database is invalid because it contains extra backslash characters. You must remove the extra backslash characters before the database can be backed up."

Now as far as i can see there are no Databases getting backed up. There are how ever databases on the drive. Could these be causing it? At first i though it maybe due to the SQL backups running at the same time. These are done by replication and are then backed up onto a LTO tape. How ever they are running at 2 seperate times and as far as i can see there are no reasons for this error. Having not set up the back ups am a little stumped as to what could be causing this. I have been informed that they have been runing find for over a year. They are all fully liscense up installs so this cant be causig the issue.

So i was wondering if any of you guys had any ideas as to what is causing this?

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Seems like a lot of peopkle are having this issue (as are we!):

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/294324.htm

Our fix was to do an SQL backup, and then backup that file. Long work -around though!

andrew_charles
Level 4
We already do a SQL back up. I hate having any errors but this one has got me banging head off the wall. The databases are backed up to a seperate drive and Then this is backed up. However the Drive returning the error is not one of these. The SQL Back ups work fine so am at a loss as to what is causing this error.