cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackUp Exec 2010 - "0xe0008115 errors" (Nas reported offline all the time)

TSIT
Not applicable

Good morning all. Any help I can get is vastly appreciated on this as I have tried what I figured are the "common sense" fixes and I'm getting no results.

I have a Buffalo Linkstation (model LS-WTGL 1 TB) NAS that I am using with Symantec Backup Exec 2010.

This NAS seems to work fine in all regards within Windows. On the LAN people are saving files / reading files just fine. I can ping it all day long, I can UNC to it from any server, backup exec however refuses to see this unit as online. No matter what I do.

Here's the kicker -- nothing on the network changed, and at one time the backups worked fine to this exact device. Then around the end of Dec backs starting failing. The issue THEN was the NAS ran out of space. Space was freed up, since then I've had nothing but trouble getting any succesful job (even Inventory jobs are failing now) to run on this unit. Myself and my co-worker (who originally configured this and setup the jobs in Backup Exec) have looked over the backup configurations more than once...I've ran tests on the NAS itself outside of Backup Exec, I've constantly checked that it has free space for the backup jobs -- currently there is 300 gigs free, the backup job is only about 100 gigs, it has some variance sometimes its only 80 gigs but its also never been over much more than 105.

Backup exec keeps throwing error messages about the drive being offline (btw I've asked the employees onsite where this unit is about the unit not having power -- they say its never turned off and its powered on 24/7 with a UPS backup).

It bothers me the most in that by all accounts the NAS appears fine -- EXCEPT to Backup Exec 2010.

1 REPLY 1

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi

Can you please check this link

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH55199

Thank You