cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up an XP Workstation from Netware 6 Server

Joncy123
Level 2

Hi I have a Netware 6 cluster of two servers with a backup device attached to one of them which backs-up the cluster array data to a tape device through Backupexec for netware.

FURTHER INFO:

I have been trying to enable backup of the internal drive of an XP (sp2) workstatsion to the central backup unit on our 2 server cluster. The backup software is Backupexec 9.1 and is on Server2 or the system.

I have enabled the TSA software on the XP workstation and it is running (Started) in the services section of the XP modules.

When I scan for new clients on Server2 via Backupexec it is detected, but when I try a sample backup of the Workstation through Backupexec I cannot login to the Workstation TSA from the Backupexec console.
ERROR - Unable to log into Server2 Workstation. Enter another user name and password (if I use any netware usernames), if I continue and use the station Administrator username/password I get:

ERROR Password Failure - press any key to continue

When I do this I can submit a backup job, which them fails with the ERROR Unable to communicate with the Target server (24711)

I should be able to get this to backup an XP workstation - does anyone have any experience of this type of setup?

Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

newsolutionBE
Level 6

HI

Backupexec 9.1 is no longer not supported

Thanks

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

BackupExec for Netware latest release is v9.2

That being said, BENW is no longer a supported product at all, AFAIK

Joncy123
Level 2

Thanks Ken, but as I said before this is not a solution to the problem.

There is no up-grade path away from this level of software unless my client wants to dump Netware, which he does not - so hopefully somone out there will have some experience of this and be able to post a solution for me, or at least a path to follow for me to try and solve it myself?

Any more help?