Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up specific folders on desktop PC's

playford
Level 3
Partner

Hi All,

I need to be able to backup specific folders on 5 different PC's, recently I've been using robocopy to copy the files to server then the server backs up the files.

I've looked into DLO but that seems to backup per user instead of the machine, is there any other method people could recommend to back up these PC's.

Thanks

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

playford
Level 3
Partner

I contacted symantec support and was told that there is no cost for installing the BE Agent on xp and 2k machine.

I've now installed and running well.

Thanks for your help

Mark

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi there,

You can look at installing the Remote Agent for Windows Servers which is licensed. In this case you'd need 5 x RAWS agent licenses.

This will allow you to back up the files/folders you need on a backup.

This would only be relevant up to Windows Vista...Windows 7 would need Backup Exec 2010 installed in order to support RAWS being installed.

Thanks!

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Backup Exec 2010 can not be installed on Win 7 Operating System. Only Remote agent can be installed on the Win 7 machine, Please refer to the " Remote Agents Agent for Windows Systems (AWS) Compatibility" section of Software Compatibility List (SCL) for BE 2010.

Also Win 7 is not listed under " Media Servers Media Server Operating System Compatibility" section in SCL

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH137682 : Backup Exec 2010|2010 R2 Software (SCL)

Thanks,

-Sush...

CraigV

VERY aware of that. If it wasn't clear enough, I meant that the user needs BE 2010 installed in order to back up Windows 7 via the RAWS agent...

playford
Level 3
Partner

I contacted symantec support and was told that there is no cost for installing the BE Agent on xp and 2k machine.

I've now installed and running well.

Thanks for your help

Mark

CraigV

...good stuff, interesting to know!