cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup CPS data

sachitha
Level 4

Hi All,

I have an issue withe the CPS Backups. I have a CPS and Backup exec 2010 Media server. CPS is working without any issues and Backup Exec also runnning without any issues. But When I add CPS replicated folder to the backup, Backup Completed 'Successfuly' but, no data is in the backup. It shows only 960bytes, but replicated folder contains 260GB of data. Please help me to sort this issue.

Regs,

Sachitha.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

In the backup selections, there is a CPS node as well...drill down this node and select the CPS stores......for egs, like you have a separate node for shadow copy components, similarly for CPS...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

VJware
Level 6

Are you selecting the CPS node for backup ?

sachitha
Level 4

Hi,

Backup Exec 2010 media server and CPS is running on the same server and replicated data are resides on the same server.

Regs,

Sachitha.

VJware
Level 6

In the backup selections, there is a CPS node as well...drill down this node and select the CPS stores......for egs, like you have a separate node for shadow copy components, similarly for CPS...

sachitha
Level 4

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. This did the job for me. Have to select the files through CPS node in the backup selection window. is this can do for a remote CPS server alos?

Regs,

Sachitha.

VJware
Level 6

Yes, it should be the same for remote server as well...

sachitha
Level 4

Hi,

How to add remote CPS servers to Media server?

Regs,

Sachitha.

VJware
Level 6

It should appear under Windows Network / Domain etc, just like any other remote server...only difference, is this remote server would have a CPS node as well...

sachitha
Level 4

Hi,

Thanks for your support. I have another thing to be clarified about CPS. First let me give some idea about my setup. I have installed my CPS in my data center and I have to replicate more than 10 remote locations to Data Center. So replicating throgh WAN is getting long time to complete. As a remeady for that I thought that if I can get a copy of that data to a portalbe disk and copy them to the  CPS replicaed data location before the replication take place, will reduce the data transfer through the WAN. Please let me know whether I'm correct or not and let me know the way this can be done.

Regs,

Sachitha.

VJware
Level 6

Have a look at this KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH165528