cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 SP1 to Backup Exec 2012 Upgarde

dori_bashan
Level 6

Hi

Is there any way to upgarde and to migarte the database from Backup Exec 2010 R3 SP1 to Backup Exec 2012 SP1a?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Nope, don't remove anything...just let the upgrade of the media server run through, and then let the upgrade of the RAWS agents run through after you've run LiveUpdate to update the media server to SP1a.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

CraigV

Hi Dori,

The upgrade does this manually for you, and it also gives you the option to back-out of the upgrade should you choose to do so. All migration of the data to the new version of BE is handled by the process...nothing for you to do.

HOWEVER...as a matter of safe-guarding yourself, always grab a copy of the Data & Catalogs folders BEFORE starting the process. This way, should anything go wrong, you can revert manually back to BE 2010 R3 and then try the process again. Don't forget to push-install the new RAWS agent to any remote servers.

Thanks!

dori_bashan
Level 6

Amazing.

two things;

1. should i just run the 2012 installer over the installation of 2010 R3?

2. i'm guessing a full backup is requird after the process, right?

Thanks!

CraigV

1. Yes.

2. Yes, it's recommended to do so. BUT...do so after patching BE with SP1a and any subsequent patches, and push-installing these to your remote servers.

Thanks!

dori_bashan
Level 6

Should i first remove the agent from the remote servers?

Or the 2012 install does this also?

CraigV

Nope, don't remove anything...just let the upgrade of the media server run through, and then let the upgrade of the RAWS agents run through after you've run LiveUpdate to update the media server to SP1a.

dori_bashan
Level 6

is the RAWS is a diffrent install?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Yes.  You have to push out the RAWS from the media server after you have completed the upgrade to BE 2012 SP1a.  RAWS have to be installed on each remote server that you want to back up.

dori_bashan
Level 6

Thanks!

CraigV

...not sure why the solution wasn't given to me when I'd given all the information around the upgrade...? surprise

dori_bashan
Level 6

fixed

CraigV

Thanks! yes