cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 10d Cluster Issues

jesus_asphalt
Level 4
I've got a windows 2003 cluster with shared fiber channel storage that refuses to back up the files on shared drive. It can back up files on the root drive (c:) just fine on either node. The files on the shared storage won't backup.

I double-checked resource credentials and only get "not tested" when I check to see if the credentials work.

Meanwhile, it's still throwing: Job ended: Thursday, November 30, 2006 at 9:26:58 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33932

Has anyone ever gotten fiber channel drives to backup with backup exec 10d?
6 REPLIES 6

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

You may refer to the following

Unable to attach to one of the drives" (a000848c HEX or e000848c HEX) is reported when a job fails
http://support.veritas.com/docs/266177

Thanks

jesus_asphalt
Level 4
If you had read my question a bit more carefully: "I double-checked resource credentials and only get "not tested" when I check to see if the credentials work"

Thanks for playing! Please try again.

jesus_asphalt
Level 4
It turns out 10D can't do MS SQL backups along with regular backups for win 2003 clusters.

The only fix appears to be to segregate the MS SQL jobs. Terrible hack, but works.

In my experience, 10d is a buggy disaster in an environment with a mix of 2000/2003 servers.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
It is always recommended from Backupexec side, that the DB Backups, wheather it be SQL or Exchange or Lotus, should be backed up seperately.

Thanks
Regards

jesus_asphalt
Level 4
More flaky software from symantec

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
> Has anyone ever gotten fiber channel drives to backup
> with backup exec 10d?

Are you trying to backup over the network? We backup SAN drives every night with no problem.