cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 10d

m_ellul
Level 4
Is it possible to schedule a backup job every 2 weeks?

Also how does the backup work exactly? Is it a full backup each time? If a file is deleted from the main server, how long would it take until it is deleted from the backup?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there,

Yes you can.
What you'd look at doing is setting up your schedule to backup on specific days.
You'd choose the option to run according to a schedule, and then set your day interval to 14 days (every 2 weeks) from a specific date/day.
You then set up your backup type: FULL, INCREMENTAL, or DIFFERENTIAL. On a 2 week gap between backups, I'd stick with FULL unless you have a space issue with your tape.
As for file deletion, when it's delete from the system, it's gone immediately. Your overwrite protection protects when the tape gets overwritten. But if it's deleted after 9 days, you'd only be able to restore the file as of the previous backup job.
Let me know if this is all OK?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there,

Yes you can.
What you'd look at doing is setting up your schedule to backup on specific days.
You'd choose the option to run according to a schedule, and then set your day interval to 14 days (every 2 weeks) from a specific date/day.
You then set up your backup type: FULL, INCREMENTAL, or DIFFERENTIAL. On a 2 week gap between backups, I'd stick with FULL unless you have a space issue with your tape.
As for file deletion, when it's delete from the system, it's gone immediately. Your overwrite protection protects when the tape gets overwritten. But if it's deleted after 9 days, you'd only be able to restore the file as of the previous backup job.
Let me know if this is all OK?

m_ellul
Level 4
Thankyou for your answer. its has cleared up a few questions I had.