cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 RALUS Agent

Racelogic_Darre
Level 2

Hi all,

I need to buy a Remote Agent for Linux [RALUS] licence for our Backup Exec 12.5 so we can backup our companies NAS [Netgear ReadyNAS Pro] drive to tape.

However, all of our suppliers keep supplying quotes for the Remote Agent for Linux for Backup Exec 2012. Is there a way that a licence can be bought for 12.5 - or will the 2012 licence be backwards compatible with it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

BE 12.5 will not communicate with the BE 2012 agent.

The suppliers should be supplying you with the BE 2012 agent with the ability to downgrade it. If they don't, then contact Symantec licensing who I am sure will do so.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV

Hi,

BE 12.5 will not communicate with the BE 2012 agent.

The suppliers should be supplying you with the BE 2012 agent with the ability to downgrade it. If they don't, then contact Symantec licensing who I am sure will do so.

Thanks!

Racelogic_Darre
Level 2

Thanks Craig, my understanding was it could be downgraded and that was the proper course of action - but the responses have varied.

One response was as follows 'I can’t find a product that will work with your version of Symantec I also spoke to the manufacture and they confirm it. The current version needs upgrading.'

I will await confirmation before placing the order. 

Thanks for the help.

CraigV

No worries Darren...check the forums here and there will be many instances where it is mentioned that downgrades are available (including from Symantec employees!).

Thanks!

Racelogic_Darre
Level 2

Two more responses.

Symantec Platinum Partner

''They won’t be able to buy a 12.5 agent as more than 24 months beyond End of Life date. He will need to upgrade to add agents.''

Symantec Partner

''Yes it can be downgraded to 2 version back, they will need to do this with Symantec customer care once they have the licences.''

I will contact Symantec licensing for confirmation before purchasing. Seems there are some misconceptions/contradictions.