cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 services extremely slow starting.

jdecker
Not applicable
I have a 2003 Server 64bit server running on VMware.  Installed on this server is Backup Exec 12.5 64bit version.  My problem is that the Backup Exec Device and Media Service, and the Backup Exec Server Service are extremely slow at starting. 

On system restart I get the message that some of the services failed to start.  When I get logged in I find that either the Backup Exec Device and Media Service is started and the Backup Exec Server Service is starting.  If left alone the Server Service will eventually start but it is taking anywhere from 10 - 20 minutes.  This is also causing a problem with installing hotfixes with Liveupdate.

I was able to install a lot of the live updates manually last week, but it was a real pain starting each update  then restart the Server Service which takes forever, and then repeating for the next update.

There are no errors or messages in event logs.

The funny thing is after getting all the services started the backup program runs fine without any problems.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.
1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there,

Try start with a database repair through BEutility.exe.
You can also reset your username/password for the service account through that. Restart your services to enable that change.