cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12 - Backing up a Buffalo NAS

Tubthumper
Level 3

Hi,

I am having an issue trying to back up data on a Buffalo NAS.  I created a user defined selection and typed in the UNC path to the share I want to back up (\\fs1-dc02\public).  I then go into resource credentials and test and the outcome I get is as follows:

fs1-dc02 Failure:  The backup exec agent for windows systems is not installed on the remote computer or is not running or is not the correct version

Public successful

This is the first time I have had to backup data from a NAS and this is the way I was told I should do it.  Does anyone know what the issue is / is this the wrong way?etc etc

Thanks

Mike

5 REPLIES 5

DW1_IT_Departme
Level 3

I also backup my NAS like this (i also get this warning) but it is OK (you cant install a agent on the NAS but backup exec asks for it).

In backup exec 12.5 they have a new NAS function --> it could be that you don't get an error with the 12.5.

greetings

Peter

Tubthumper
Level 3

Its not just that I get an error, when I actually run the job it fails ritgh away.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

What is the specific error that yoou get?

Tubthumper
Level 3

fs1-dc02 Failure: The backup exec agent for windows systems is not installed on the remote computer or is not running or is not the correct version

Thats what I get when I test the credentials.  When I run the job I get an authentication error.  The funny thing is, this NAS is open wide.  No credentials to connect, no NTFS.

Baffling

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

I remember that when v11 came out there were problems backing up from a Terrastation, but don't remember what the solution was, if there ever was a solution

may be time to open an incident with Symantec Smiley Sad