cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12 Exchange - Questions

shawn1
Not applicable
Hi all,

1. If I restore an induvidual mailbox of a user that has been recreated in AD, even though the username and e-mail address is the same - AD sees it as a different user, would I have to redirect the restore to that 'new' username or will it restore over the 'new' username thinking it's the old one?

2. If I redirect a restore to another username, in what format should I type the information into the "Restore to Mailbox" textbox?

Any help appreciated, I have read some documentation on this but still didn't get clear answers.

Thanks indeed,
Shawn
1 REPLY 1

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
HI Shawn ,

When ever you recreate user it would get a new SID . So even if it have the same password and username it would be  new account in AD. You can connect the mailbox of the old user to the new user which you create . But for exchange what matters is name for the account and not the SID .So can restore to a mailbox with the same name .
Whenever you perform a redirect restore of exchange you use the Allais name for the mailbox .So when you performing the redirect restore in the "Restore to Mailbox"  you would enter the allais name .
Let me know if this helps ...
Regards
Rahulg