cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 16 AWS Gateway tapes: "Device Paused"

sware
Level 2

Basic backup to disk and then to AWS gateway tapes seem to have work. Disk issues so put the main job on hold and made a new job that backs up directly to tape. Slots show tapes are there and the robotic library and tape drive 0001 seems fine, but tape drive 0001 shows (no media) even though there are slots with scratch media  (new tapes come in as "unknown media"). 

The job starts and reports writing 32 or 40 GB then stalls sitting there saying status is "Device Paused".

Checking properties of the robotic tape library and Tape 0001 I don't see paused or disabled or checked.

What can I check or look for

3 REPLIES 3

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

Do you see any errors in the adamm.log from BE Install Path\Logs. Read the log from the bottom

Nothing in that log from today and I definitely restarted things today with the same issue.

Everything else in the log looks like logging of what was found when I restarted services yesterday trying to see if that helped.

The only thing unusual is at the very end (most recent) from yesetrday after enumerating all the disk partitions found it shows this

Error: The session has been prematurely released!

Error: PvlMoverSession::SessionAbortThreadProc wait timed out! Job = {DF167B20-D168-433D-A189-ACFEA014FB0F}

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

Launch sgmon.exe from be Install Path. Select bengine, beserver, device and media. from SGMON settings , device and media select verbose checkbox. Before starting the backup job, click on clear log. Then start the Backup job. When it stalls, keep it that way for 30 mins. 

At this point you can also collect the following dumps using bedbg.exe --pid <processpid> --type 2 
The dumps will be saved in BE Install Path\BEDBG.
Run the above command for these 4 processes. Bengine.exe, beremote.exe, beserver.exe, pvlsvr.exe

When these logs (SGMON Log, dump of each of above processes, adamm.log) are collected you can open a case with tech support to get this reviewed if the Issue is re-occuring again and again