cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 Unix/Linux Remote Agent Errors

mikeinmi
Level 2
We are using BE 2010 and everything was working fine then I started getting this error message..Nothing change on either the Windows server or the remote system that has the Unix agent.  I've tried everything suggested in the article linked at the end of the error message and that has not resolved the issue.  Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?
Error category    : Resource Errors
Error             : e0000f04 - The media server could not connect to the remote computer. The remote computer may not be running the Backup Exec 
Remote Agent for Windows/Linux. Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer.

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-3844

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Aha...did you upgrade the RAWS agent on the remote servers? Or maybe update your media server and not push those updates out...?

mikeinmi
Level 2
Yes I did update the RAWS on the remote server and the install went fine with no errors.  Now when I try to restore it gives me a login error when I know the credentials are correct.  The same thing happens if I try to create a new job instead of using the existing one that was working fine.