cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 - Ammend job dupliction settings and get exception contents have change run full backup now

aharte
Level 3

Hi Guys,

So have got a lot of my issues resolved but another couple of minor issues I have noticed.

If I add a second duplication to tape task to an existing job the normal incremental backup job will give exceptions untill the next full backup is run.  Now nothing was changed in the selection of the job but that is the exception error being reported.

Secondly

I tried to add a single additional duplicate job to a group of servers and instead of adding one incremental job as was specified in the wizard it adds two full duplication jobs to the selected group of servers.

Thanks,

A.

2 REPLIES 2

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Secondly

I tried to add a single additional duplicate job to a group of servers and instead of adding one incremental job as was specified in the wizard it adds two full duplication jobs to the selected group of servers.

How many servers have you added in the Server Group. It seems that you have 2 servers in the Server group  for which its creating 2 duplicate jobs (one for each server). If this is the case then its normal by design as it will create jobs for each server.

Thanks,

-Sush...

aharte
Level 3

Hi Sush,

Thanks for speedy response but not so easy I'm afraid.  I did this for 7 servers in a group and they all added an additional two jobs rather than one or seven.  Additional Jobs named Duplication 2 and Duplication 22 and both full rather than incremental with incorrect targets.  I had to delete both jobs and create the new duplication job manually for each server. 

Thanks,

A,