cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 Custom reports

aegirg
Not applicable

Hi, 

i'm trying to print out report that contains total size for daily, week and monthly summary.

i would also like to create reports on how much of that is SQL, data, Exchange .

i tried to create custom reports, but are a little bit confused about it :)

Any ideas or examples are appreciated :)

thanx.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

BE's reports are poor...and I (personally) found their custom reports very difficult to get working.

I have managed to crack open the BEDB and pulled a test report from that. However, bear in mind that Symantec don't publish the tables in that database, and if you run into issues then you won't get much help.

From my side, I looked at a 3rd party app (Solarwinds Backup Profiler) which more than met all my requirements for reporting from BE.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

BE's reports are poor...and I (personally) found their custom reports very difficult to get working.

I have managed to crack open the BEDB and pulled a test report from that. However, bear in mind that Symantec don't publish the tables in that database, and if you run into issues then you won't get much help.

From my side, I looked at a 3rd party app (Solarwinds Backup Profiler) which more than met all my requirements for reporting from BE.

Thanks!