cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 - Error after moving mailboxes

AB_Panthro
Level 4

I'm in the middle of an Exchange server migration and I find that each night after I move a mailbox from the 2003 server to the 2010 one (which is backed up by BE2012) I receive an error at the end of the backup job.  The job appears to fail, but the amount of data seems ok.  I've included a screen grab below.  The backup job runs correctly the night after I move a mailbox, but I don't want to have to space a day of no mailboxes to move as it's going to double the amount of time it takes to move them all. 

Error codes are E0000393 and  V-79-57344-915

Any suggestions?

The error is

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Deselect and then reselect the Exchange IS from your backup, and then try the backup again.

Thanks!

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Have you tried doing backup during a day time when mailboxes are not been moved does it work?

Becuase it would not be good to backup exchange during mailbox move operation is going as you would normally see backup failing

Thanks

CraigV

...the OP clearly states in the heading that the error came about AFTER the mailbox move. Not during a backup which was running while also moving mailboxes!

If he ran it during the day after the mailboxes were moved, he'd still get the error!

AB_Panthro
Level 4

Correct, we only do mailbox moves during the day or early evening before the backup windows starts.

AB_Panthro
Level 4

I assume you mean do this after the mailbox move but prior to the backup job?  I suspect you would be right on that one.  Still a bit silly that I have to do it at all though, isn't it.

I'll try that tonight as I have a few mailboxes to move today.

CraigV

It shouldn't matter, as you'd select the Information Store in its entirety...but give my suggestion a bash.

Also, are you running BE 2012 SP1a? Might be worth your while to install it if you don't have it installed and the above suggestion doesn't work.

Thanks!

AB_Panthro
Level 4

Hi Craig, re-selecting the entire message store hasn't made any difference.  The job still appears to fail the first backup job after I move a mailbox to the server.

CraigV

...check the Known Issues section, or if you have support in place with SYmantec, open up a support call and get them to investigate. This shouldn't happen...

If you get a solution, please post back here with the details & close this off.

Thanks!