cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 Changes

Erin1998
Level 3

I'm running a new intall of BE 2014 on a 2012 R2 server.

I migrated from 2010 and I'm finding all kinds of "enhancements" that are causing havoc on my backups.

I've had some agent issues and while it seems like all is okay initially, I then lose connectivity.  One server in particular seems to be the issue.

In BE 2010, if connectivity to one agent/server was lost, the job kept on chugging and continued to run as normal.

In BE 2014, if connectivity to one/agent server is lost, the job stalls indefinitely with no success at a cancel, reestablishment of connectivity, etc.  It also shows 0 errors anywhere when this happens.

So, according to the tech support contact I just spoke to, the only way to ensure the whole backup job doesn't crap out if it loses connectivity to a server is to set up individual backup jobs for each and every one of my 10 servers.

Does this sound right to everyone?  If so, this is "enhancement" number 2 that I am thoroughly not impressed with.

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Erin, if a job fails in between for a particular server the backup should proceed to the next item in the selection(unless Job engine crashes on media server). In case the failure is not imminent in the case where the connection is still active i.e. KeepAliveSettings are not breaking the connection, job would stay in a hung state and would not proceed further. Were you able to take that one server out of the equation and see if other servers get backed up in one go ? Also does the job stall when you backup that one problematic server  and did you root cause why that was the case ?