cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 Issues

Ahmed_ko2010
Level 3

The job failed with the following error: The Backup Exec job engine system service is not responding. 

job status Stalled

No backup servers are available.

can not communicate with remote agents 

toooooooooooooo many issues 

bad supprot from symantec 

beta version didn't has such issues.

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Not a bad product. I've had it happen in many versions and it inevitably ended up being something like the following:

1. mcAfee stopping the beremote.exe service on a remote server causing the RAWS agent to stop communicating with the media server;

2. Port 10000 not being open on a firewall on the server in question;

3. The RAWS agent not publishing correctly to the media server;

4. DNS being an issue where IP/names are not being resolved correctly.

Have you checked any of those?

Thanks!

Ahmed_ko2010
Level 3

i did all of those checks and still have the issues 

beta version was working fine, after upgrading one of twentey jobs run successfully. 

and i opened ticket with symantec and the only thing they did is removing the agent and installing the agent. 

Laurie_Downey
Level 6
Employee

Ahmed_ko2010@hotmail.com,

I just want to be sure I am clear on the issues you listed. The errors were not seen when you were using the BETA version, and then once you went RTM, the backups started to fail? I am currently checking with some colleagues for further information in regards to BE 2014 and possible issues, for you.

Laurie_Downey
Level 6
Employee

Ahmed_ko2010,

I would advise running live update and ensure that Backup Exec is fully patched and update any remote agents accordingly.

If you would like to provide me with the case number you referenced earlier in the thread, I would be happy to look over the case details and see if I may be able to assist you further. You can also refer to the following tech document:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH66724

Sean_Lavery
Level 3

I am also having this same issue... backup job failing with the following error:

e00081d9 - The Backup Exec job engine system service is not responding

When i check on the Job Engine service is shows as stopped.  I can restart the service and the job but it continually fails.  I have opened a new ticket (06850806) but have not recieved a call back yet on it.  I have run LiveUpdate and it says I am 100% up to date.  Did you find any solution to this issue?