cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 not sending emails on Server 2012

MikeS54
Level 2

Good afternoon everyone.  I was hoping someone could help me with an issue.  We replaced one of our servers from Server 2008 to Server 2012.  I have

installed backup exec 2014 on the new server but am unable to get the email notifications.  Ive double checked everything and even have a ticket open with

Symantec, but still cant find the answer.  On our 7 other servers that run Server 2008 R2, the noticiations come through just fine.  Would there be a service

or role that may have to be installed for the notification emails to be sent?  Appreciate the help.  Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

If you have a firewall running, make sure that port 25 is open on the media server...SMTP is used to send emails.

Thanks!

lmosla
Level 6

Make sure that AV isnt blocking the email port.  reference: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH39199

MikeS54
Level 2

Yeah, checked that stuff.  everything seems to be ok and i have the firewall turned off for testing.  Still cant get the email notification to send.

Efthymios
Level 0
Partner

Hello,

I have the same issue. Test emails work OK and sending test email through telnet from the Media Server works OK as well.

Did you find a solution to this ?