cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec CPS Agent Error

Chris_Johnston
Level 3
Good morning,

I am seeing an explosion of CPS agent errors in the Application log of a remote server. If I clear the log it will fill again in about 30 seconds or less with the same error. The error follows:

Event Type:Error
Event Source:CPS Agent
Event Category:None
Event ID:1036
Date:11/13/2006
Time:8:44:11 AM
User:N/A
Computer:***********
Description:
Program error: An unexpected condition was encountered in file '\build\panMain\c32709a\mule\rxbase\pi\ntpismmutx.c', line 386.

This weekend I removed the CPS software from the server and then reinstalled and setup the backup jobs again,however; the error returned. It is the same error each time. If anyone can shed some light on this I would be most grateful!

Chris Johnston
4 REPLIES 4

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Did you install the Hotfix 5 for the Cps?

Kindly install the hotfix and then reinstall the Cpa Agent.

Backup Exec 10d Continuous Protection Server (CPS) Service Pack 1 Hotfix 5

http://support.veritas.com/docs/284241

Kindly refer to the following Document:

How to change the TCP/IP address used by the Backup Exec Continuous
Protection media server

http://support.veritas.com/docs/277870

Thank You,

Shweta

Chris_Johnston
Level 3
Hi Shweta,

Thanks for the advice, I have installed the hot fix previously. It was after the update that I noticed the issue. I am not certain how long after the update that the issue began so I am not sure if they are related. Any other ideas?

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

-- After installing the Hotfix did you reinstall the agents on the Cpa?

-- Do you receive any other events in the event logs?

Thank You,

Shweta

Chris_Johnston
Level 3
Hello again,

When I noticed the issue I un-installed all cps/cpa software from remote server and pushed the install again. It ran for about a day with no issues and then the agent seemed to "crash" again. The application log fills with the error I posted above. That is the only error that is in the log also.

I have found that I can restart the agent using the services mmc and everything will run correctly for a random amount of time. I have had to keep vigil on the application log to see when the agent crashes.