cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Jobs Not Running

C_Darren
Level 2
I run Backup Exec 9.1 on Windows 2000 and have had no problems until recently.  For some reason, any job that I run just says scheduled but it never runs.  My rotation's job will not run, so I click 'Run Now' and it just schedules another job for the time that I clicked it, but it never actually runs.  When I try to unlock our drive it puts that job in Queue and it never runs.  

Any ideas?

Darren
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carls
Level 4
 Hi Darren,
In device tab make sure that the server is not paused, it often gets set to paused after reboot. Also make sure the device (library, drive etc) isn't paused. Right click and untick pause to un-pause.

Carl

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Carls
Level 4
 Hi Darren,
In device tab make sure that the server is not paused, it often gets set to paused after reboot. Also make sure the device (library, drive etc) isn't paused. Right click and untick pause to un-pause.

Carl

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Go to the media tab, right-click on the media server.  If it is paused, unpause it.  Otherwise, pause and unpause the media server.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

Have you checked to make sure that the drive can be seen in BEWS and Windows itself? I have seen this happen when the drive was not accessible by the backup software, causing everything to hang.
I normally got around this by restarting the software's services, so give that a try first.

Laters!

L_Ivan
Level 3
 Hi Darren,
Stop all BE Services
Cycle Power to the Tape Drive\Library
Start all BE Services
Reschedule all jobs to have an effective date of today.

Ivan

c_john
Level 3
 Hello, Have you installed latest BE9.1 updates? And also
what is the backup media (A Tape or a USB Hard drive)? 

John