cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Server Service - Port 3527 Occupied by SQLSERVR.EXE (MSSQL$BKUPEXEC)

VDOR
Level 3

I've read numerous articles about Port 3527 being occupied and preventing the start of Backup Exec Server service.. I've done some investigating using  netstat and found that my SQLSERVR.EXE instance (same machine) is running on that port (even after multiple restarts, stop and restart service, etc). 

I found an article detailing the port assignments for Bckexec11D ( http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/285830.htm ) and it lists the SQLSERVR.EXE process as assigned to 1125. I've found the entry in the registry for this service, as well as the config on the SQL configuration manager, and both are listed as 3527. Before I manually switch this to 1125, I wanted to ensure that the article listing port assignments for 11D also applies to 12, and I don't FUBAR the system by changing it. 

IF by changing the port back to 1125 is an acceptable resolution.. my follow up question is: Why after 4 months running backup exec 12 did this port assignment appear to change suddenly? If it had always been at 3527, why did everything work properly until now? I can't find anything in the event log that points to it being changed, and the IT staff here is only me and one other person, and we both know we didn't change it. I'm curious as to what process may have altered it, so I can avoid it in the future. 

Thanks in advance for any help

Additional inf: Currently I'm getting all the event log errors common with port 3527 being occupied:

Port 3527 must be available for the central administration server to communicate with the managed media server.

The Backup Exec Server Service did not start.  An internal error (-22) occurred in object 10.

0 REPLIES 0