cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec agent crashed after restore

GSP001
Level 2

Hi,

I want to restore the MICROSOFT INFORMATION STORE to another location on disk.

Because the email server is not existing anymore.

The backup is from EXCHANGE 2003. I cannot restore to my new EXCHANGE Server 2007, because this is not supported.

When I start the restore to disk, it is running but in the end the agent just crash.

And then the restore also stopped.

Why the agent stops ?

Here is the error:

Final error: 0xe000fe30 - A communications failure has occurred.
Final error category: Server Errors

V-79-57344-65072 - Connection to the restore target has been lost.  Operation canceled.

What is the problem ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi there,

Did you do a duplicate to disk, or try restoring to disk? If you didn't try the duplicate job, run it and see if you get the same error. Once on disk, restores should become a bit easier. If you don't know how to do this, read the article below...it's going to tell you how to do the staging...

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-using-backup-exec-howto

That said, you also need to ensure that your media server is patched. Do so, and if you have any remote servers, do a push-install of the RAWS agent again, and then try the job again...

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi there,

Did you do a duplicate to disk, or try restoring to disk? If you didn't try the duplicate job, run it and see if you get the same error. Once on disk, restores should become a bit easier. If you don't know how to do this, read the article below...it's going to tell you how to do the staging...

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-using-backup-exec-howto

That said, you also need to ensure that your media server is patched. Do so, and if you have any remote servers, do a push-install of the RAWS agent again, and then try the job again...

Thanks!