cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec services stopped

rokylon
Not applicable

Running Server 2003 Enterprise edition, With Backup Exec 12. every morining when checking the backup, the backup has not run, appears the services have stopped, I can start the services and manually run the backup with no problems, schedule the backup again, make sure services are running but in the morning the services have stopped again.  ANY IDEAS ?????

3 REPLIES 3

Lively
Level 5
Look in the event viewer for the server to see when the service is stopping.  From there you can see if it is stopping after a certain job is run or see what other applications are doing something at that time.

SBSIT
Level 3

I had a similar problem with my trial install of BE 2010. Turned out to be the database maintenance job stopping the BE server service.
Sorted by moving the time of the database maintenance outside of the backup window and setting the BE services recovery mode to restart instead of no action.
It might not help but worth checking.

ltjimster
Level 6

Hi there,

I had that problem i think i've i remember rightly,

In the services there are 6 services for backup exec and they all need to be set to automatic for starting and I seet all mine with LOG ON'S as followed;

Backup Exec Agent Browser - YourDomain\administrator
Backup Exec Device & Media - YourDomain\administrator
Backup Exec Job Engine - YourDomain\administrator
Backup Exec Remote Agent - Local System
Backup Exec Server - YourDomain\administrator

and I also SQL Server (BKUPEXEC) - YourDomain\administrator as well.

They all need stopping and starting once you've done this, then just try logging off or restarting your server and back on and should be fine.

I've also in the properties of the services in the recovery tab on first failure i selected restart service, don't know if you need that selected or not.

Hope this helps?

Thanks
James