cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Issue with Exchange 2007

Gcm11
Level 3

Hi Experts,

I recenlty has this issue with my backup server, after adding a information store database, the backup encounters a problem.

V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\Servername\Microsoft Information Store\xx01"....
Snapshot provider error (0xE000FED1): A failure occurred querying the Writer status.
Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.
Writer Name: Exchange Server, Writer ID: {76FE1AC4-15F7-4BCD-987E-8E1ACB462FB7}, Last error: The VSS...

Have tried restarting the Exchange Server, and backup was done successfully once after reboot is done. Subsequent backup encounters the error above.

Have also checked the VSS writers, they all have no error, any advice?

5 REPLIES 5

Scott_Meltzer
Level 4

Which OS are you using? Are you using Granular Restore Technology?  

I had a similar issue trying to do a GRT Backup on Exchange 2007 on Server 2008 x64.   

If you deselect GRT, subsequent backups will work.

Gcm11
Level 3

Hi Scott,

Backup Server is running on Windows 2003 SP2.

Need to check on my settings for GRT, will try to deselect it and run.

BTW what Open file technology did you use?

Thanks again.

Gcm11
Level 3

Hi Scott,

Backup Server is running on Windows 2003 SP2.

Need to check on my settings for GRT, will try to deselect it and run.

BTW what Open file technology did you use?

Thanks again.

Gcm11
Level 3

Hi Scott,

Another question, are you doing individual mailbox backup or just the information store database?

Scott_Meltzer
Level 4

Hey Gcm,
    I'm not using Advanced Open File Options at all.   I'm also only doing an information store backup.   The problem I had was with individual mailbox backup (GRT), selecting that won't allow the backup to complete properly.

Since you're using Exchange 2007, it's pretty easy to restore an individual mailbox without taking an individual mailbox backup.

What operating system is your Exchange 2007 server using?