cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Job

Mohammed_Anwaru
Level 3
Hello,

I am up with one more question. In my lab environment i have installed backup exec ver 10. and schedule backup in this way.
Weekly backup.
Last day of week (saturday) full backup reset archive bit
and sunday,mon,tue,wed,thur,fri incremental backup with midified file and reset archive bit incremental backup.
well my problem is i have folder which is in backup selection and a user creates a file in that after 4 hrs he will delete it and the Veritas backup takes the backup of that file. And next the user creates the file with same name but the incremental job doesnt backs that up??? i have no idea whats wrong. Well i even tried using modified time but still it doesnt backup the new file in the incremental backup.

Does any one have any idea where am i going wrong???

Regards
2 REPLIES 2

Vidyaj__Patneka
Level 6
Hi,

We understand that you are taking daily incremental backups.The user deletes the file in a folder.The backup is taken when the file has been deleted and then the file is recreated with same name.Now the backup does not backup this file.Hope our understanding is correct.Kindly update us if not.

It should work actually.We suggest you to test this with a new folder and a new file in that folder.

-Create a job to backup the new folder.
-Take incremental backup
-Now delete the file and take backup.
-Create a new file with same name and take the backup again.
-Once the backup is over,delete the file again.
-Now restore using the latest backup and check whether the file comes back or not.

Revert back with details and necessary updates.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be 'assumed answered' and archived.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.